Privacy & Cookies
Quentin Blake’s office ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we may collect from you
We collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.quentinblake.com (our Site) or by corresponding with us by email or otherwise. This includes information provided at the time of making an enquiry on our Site, sending an e-card, carrying out any social media functions through our Site or requesting further services. (Please note that this list is not exhaustive.) We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. Information we receive from third parties, such as sub-contractors for technical, payment and delivery services and analytics providers. Where we receive such information from third parties, we will notify you within one month of the types of data provided to us and the source from which we received the data.
The information referred to above may include your name, address, email address, and financial and credit card information.
We may collect information about your electronic device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your electronic devices.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
- To fulfil any orders for our products that you make.
We will share your personal data with our suppliers in order to arrange the fulfilment of any orders you have placed with us. If you do not wish us to do so, you may notify us: however, this may mean that we cannot complete your order.
You have rights in relation to the use of your personal data, such as the right to request we delete your personal data or that inaccurate data is corrected.
Access to information
The Act and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and the GDPR.
Last updated December 2017
We use the following types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include cookies that enable you to use a shopping cart or make use of our e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors on our Site and how they are navigating it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site, so we can personalise content for you and remember your preferences.
We have included more information about the specific cookies we use and for what purpose below:
- _ga, _gid, _gat: These are analytical/performance cookies which are used to analyse customers’ use of the Site. Expiry periods are: _ga - 2 years and _gid and _gat - 1 day.
- _cfduid: This is a functionality cookie which is essential for the correct functionality of the Site. It identifies trusted web traffic, but does not store any personally identifiable information. Expiry: 1 year
Last updated January 2018